here for printer-friendly version.
Judge Fields served as Judge of the Los Angeles
Superior Court, 1980-1994. Presided in Department 21 and 27 in the
Central Civil Division. Judge in Writs and Receivers in Department
85. He was appointed Justice Pro Tempore of the Second District
Court of Appeal in 1985. Served on Superior Courts Executive
Committee for several years.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALTIES
Mediator, Arbitrator, Referee and Special Master,
specializing in complex contracts, torts, insurance bad faith, personal
injury, real estate, construction, toxic waste, employment, business
and corporate, and family law matters.
Prior to his judicial appointment, Judge Fields
practiced law in California for more than 25 years.
Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine
University School of Law, Mediation Training and Advanced Mediation
SPECIAL HONORS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Los Angeles County Bar Association. Board
member of Litigation Section. Member of Family Law School.
- California Judges Association. Former Chair
of the Public Information Committee.
- California Womens Law Center. Member
of the Board of Directors.
- Lecturer: Rutter Group (Civil Procedure and
- CEB (Civil Discovery and Law, Discovery Argument
LL.B, University of Southern California, School
of Law, 1953
B.S., Business Administration and Accounting,
Licensed Public Accountant, 1950 to present