here for printer-friendly version.
Judge of Los Angeles Superior Court, 1977-1996; Trial Judge
of the Year, presented by the California Trial Lawyers Association, 1984; Trial
Judge of the Year, presented by the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association, 1992.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALTIES
In private practice, Judge Baldonado specialized in torts,
contracts, construction, real property, environmental, probate, family law,
workmens compensation, personal injury, commercial and civil litigation,
general business matters and insurance disputes. As a Judge, he presided over
matters concerning construction defects, contracts and commercial disputes,
insurance coverage and indemnity, medical and professional malpractice, personal
injury and real estate. He conducts settlement conferences in all areas of law.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association Committee
- Board of Directors Member, Southern California Rapid
- Board of Directors Member, West Covina Unified School
- Member, Community Council, League of Women Voters of
the East San Gabriel Valley
- American Bar Association, Pomona Valley Bar Association,
Citrus Bar Association
- Chairman of the Board of Director, Student Education
Loan Marketing Corporation
- 1958-1960 Aide to Senator Lyndon B. Johnson, United States
- 1957-1958 Judge Advocate General (JAG) Headquarters,
85th Air Division, Andrews Air Force Base, Washington, D.C. Courts Martial,
Personnel Board and general legal matters. Commissioned Officer U.S.A.F. (1955-1958)
University of New Mexico, 1951-1952; B.A.;
University of California at Los Angeles, International Relations, Latin America,
1952-1955; J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1960.
Contracts Commercial/Civil Litigation
Personal Injury Insurance Disputes